Taylor Swift has a massive hair transformation, Kylie Jenner is the youngest "self-made" billionaire, and other beauty news last week
1. Taylor Swift is never ever, ever getting back together with her curls.
The natural, enviable ringlets from Swift's early days are no more, apparently. In a recent interview with Elle, the singer revealed that the curly locks she had since birth has since completely changed texture and is now... slick straight. Uh, say what? She is reportedly "praying for their safe return."
2. Kylie Jenner is officially the youngest "self-made" billionaire, ever.
All thanks to the recent 9% revenue growth in her $900 million business, Kylie Cosmetics. The Internet (and Dictionary.com) has a problem with Forbes' use of the term 'self-made'. Can't say we blame them.
3. Louis Vuitton dropped three new fragrances inspired by summer.
All three scents — Sun Song, Cactus Garden, and Afternoon Swim — are said to announce, enhance, and prolong the feeling of summer.
4. Woman smeared menstrual blood on her face to challenge period stigma.
Initiated by sex coach, Demeter Nyx, the act is her way of showing that she "adores her body in all of its expressions and natural forms." Uh, we'll stick to hitting that period emoji with pride, thanks.
5. Halle Berry showed off a huge back tattoo.
The leafy design spanning her spine is a bold choice, though fans are deliberating the possibility of it being a fake — or, at least, just a temporary fixture for her latest role in 'John Wick: Chapter 3 — Parabellum'.
6. Benefit is donating 100% of their brow wax proceeds this May.
...and 100% of 3D BROWtones Magneta proceeds to two charities: Star Shelter and Aidha — both of which help empower women to be bold and believe in themselves. We love us a woke beauty label.
7. A nail-polish removing cream is here.
Free of the nasties found in normal nail polish removers (see: solvents that can be highly irritating to skin), The Sign Tribe's Remove and Chill works to gently remove nail lacquers and nourish the nail bed simultaneously. Yas.
8. Virgin Atlantic flight attendants are now no longer required to wear makeup.
They will also be given a choice to wear either pants or a skirt. A company that doesn't adhere to outdated gender stereotypes and rigid appearance regulations? We stan.
9. Mansplainer tries to dissect the menstrual cycle to women, gets (rightfully) dragged to hell and back for it.
In a bid to get ladies to stop complaining about the high costs of feminine hygienic products, said man attempted to do some very complicated math re: how much women bleed in a month. Gems include thinking that women only get nine periods a year and only seven to 10 tampons are used per cycle. Clearly, he doesn't have much of an aptitude for math — or common sense.
Look at this fucking dweeb pic.twitter.com/2QFqNuqvZz— ash (@aisghair) March 4, 2019