Sephora drops Olivia Jade amidst bribery scandal, Hermès will release cosmetics, and other beauty news this week
1. Sephora dropped influencer, Olivia Jade, amidst college admissions bribery scandal.
The renowned beauty emporium has dropped Olivia Jade, daughter of Full House star, Lori Laughlin, amidst accusations of a college admissions scam. Laughlin allegedly paid USD50,000 in bribes to ensure both Jade and her sister's entry into the University of Southern California. The social media star was slated to drop a makeup collection with Sephora before the unceremonious (but well-deserved) dumping.
2. Kylie Cosmetics hinted at a collaboration with Kendall Jenner.
No other details have been released as of yet, but Kylie did confirm that the delay to this long-awaited collaboration is due to Kendall's beauty partnership with Estée Lauder. For their sake, here's hoping the flak of their joint fashion venture, Kendall + Kylie (the sisters were accused of copying other brands' designs) doesn't follow them. And speaking of partnerships...
3. M.A.C Cosmetics is releasing a makeup collection with Disney's Aladdin.
Available May 16 — in anticipation of the movie's release on May 24 — it will include bronzers, eyeshadow palettes, and lipsticks decked out in some very on-theme packaging.
4. Hayley Williams dyed her hair orange once more, and fans are freaking out.
Having dyed her hair in every rainbow hue from mint green to neon yellow over the past few years, Hayley Williams is now back to her signature orange as seen during Paramore's debut days. Fans are, naturally, thrilled.
5. Too Faced is launching a full skincare range.
An expansion of their much-adored Hangover line, the range comprises of a hydrating serum and moisturiser so far — both of which contains the star ingredient of the line, coconut water.
6. Hermès will be releasing their very own line of cosmetics.
A launch date is set tentatively for 2020, with Chief Executive Officer Axel Dumas confirming that it is the 'right' move since the brand has released fragrances and bath products.
7. Kim Kardashian-West is bringing crimpled hair back.
Crimped is cool again — well, at least when Kim K wears it. The trick to rocking the style? According to her hairstylist, Justine Marjan, it is to keep the front slick. This helps give a cool contrast to the crimped texture that prevents you like looking from your mum's #tbt.
8. The Shilla Duty-Free partners with Sulwhasoo to release an exclusive Ginseng skincare set.
Available from today, this limited-edition — and exclusive — skincare set will contain all of Sulwhasoo's best-selling Ginseng products, including the First Care Activating Serum EX Capturing Moment, the Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Water, and the Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Emulsion.