Try this '70s beauty redux
You've heard it before, you'll hear it again: The overwhelming au naturel beauty trend is one that keeps making its rounds. Glowing skin with a bit of a highlight, brushed up brows and everyone's own version of nude. But Nars-founder-cum-creative-director François Nars elevates the pared-down look to new heights with his latest Fall 2016 Color Collection.
Inspired by the looks of '70s beauty icon Pam Grier in Coffy and Foxy Brown, the range debuts a refined combination of warm seasonal shades and iridescent matte textures. Cheeks are sculpted in complexion-enhancing hues from light caramel to espresso, lids get shimmery in glowing white and rose gold, while lips go soft in saturated tones of garnet and bordeaux. Nailing the perfectly sculpted 'barefaced' makeup can't be any easier. It's your face — just a bit enhanced.
Here are beauty guru François Nars' steps for nailing that naturally contoured glow à la 70's chick Pam Grier using Fall 2016 Color Collection and NARS' other must-haves:
1. Prep the skin with Pore Refining Primer and even the complexion with Velvet Matte Skin Tint SPF 30 in Annapurna.
2. Blend Caramel Radiant Creamy Concealer under eyes and on skin imperfections.
3. Sweep the right side of Melina Contour Blush into the hollows of the cheeks and brush Orgasm Blush along the cheekbones for added dimension.
4. For eyes, apply the Café Au Lait side of Melina Contour Blush in the crease and below the brow bone. Softly brush the espresso shade along the brow bone.
5. Next, blend Blondie Matte Eyeshadow along the lower lash line and brighten the inner corner of the eye with Antares Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow.
6. Define the brows with Brow Defining Cream in El Djouf and Oural Brow Gel.
7. Generously coat the lashes with Audacious Mascara for added length and volume.
8. To complete the look, line the lips with Jungle Red Lip Liner Pencil and blend Consuming Red Velvet Matte Lip Pencil with a fingertip for a soft finish.
Available at Nars counters in August