Kendall Jenner is the new face of Proactiv, Ariana Grande got a Pokemon tattoo, and other beauty news this week
1. Kendall Jenner is the new face of Proactiv... and the Internet is mad about it.
Not because they think Jenner's acne of teenage past is NBD, but because momager Kris Jenner over-hyped the campaign with a Tweet about how the world should "prepare to be moved", that the young Jenner would be sharing her "most raw story" yet. Also, many called out the legitimacy of the partnership, suspecting that it was a fancy dermatologist, not Proactiv, that helped clear the model's pimply past. You decide.
2. Benefit Cosmetics hires a model with Down Syndrome as their ambassador.
Kate Grant, a 20-year-old model with Down Syndrome, has recently been chosen to be one of Benefit Cosmetic's ambassadors. She shows off the brand's spanking new Roller Liner in the ad below. 5 stars.
3. Kylie Cosmetics is launching new bronzers, blushers, and highlighters
And on this episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Kylie Cosmetics has dropped some bombass new blushes, bronzers, and Kylighters. Available from 18 January.
4. Gillette takes on toxic masculinity in their latest commercial.
Gillette is telling those of the XY chromosome to be the #TheBestMenCanBe in their latest ad, which tackles the #MeToo movement as well as toxic masculinity in just one minute and fifty seconds. While many a male is shouting "finally!" in their showers, the lesser amongst their sex posted videos of their shavers in the trash bin/toilet.
5. Ariana Grande got a tattoo of her favourite Pokemon.
Homegirl is clearly living her best life. Check out the adorable Eevee on the inside of her forearm — a permanent decision she came to after playing 15 solid hours of 'Pokemon: Let's Go Eevee!'. You do you babe.
6. The star of Pantene's latest campaign is a baby with more hair than 90% of the human population.
Known affectionately as Baby Chanco, the Instagram sensation is the latest face of Pantene's campaign — making her the youngest (and possibly most accomplished) Pantene ambassador to date.
7. Kat Von D Beauty is launching a new collection...
based on their best-selling lipstick shade, Lolita. We welcome the Lolita Eyeshadow Palette ($57), the Ink Well Long-Wear Matte Eyeliner ($32) as well as the Everlasting Glimmer Veil ($35) — perfect for Valentine's Day. Yes, even if you're single.
8. Local skincare brand DR'S Secret opens their first ever pop-up store in Singapore.
There's no denying that the local skincare scene is booming as of late. DR'S Secret joins the bandwagon with the opening of their first ever pop-up store. Check out their range of fuss-free skincare at NomadX.
9. Kesha lets her freckles take centre stage.
Kesha is letting her freckled flag fly this year. Her New Year's resolution: letting 'em breathe. You got this, boo.
Buro 24/7 Selection
Leave a comment
Buro 24/7 Selection