Jeffree Star is robbed of millions in makeup, Benefit does sunglasses with Quay Australia, and other beauty news this week
1. Jeffree Star lost USD2.5 million worth of makeup in warehouse robbery.
Burglars supposedly cut through the roof of his warehouse and are now selling his products on the black market, including the unreleased Jeffree Star Cosmetics Magic Star Concealer. As devastating a blow this is, the YouTube star is covered by insurance and that the official launch of the concealer will still commence in a few weeks.
2. Lip Smacker is collaborating with Crayola to drop a crayon-themed makeup collection.
Think lip glosses and balms that look exactly like the classic Crayola crayons, all of which bear delicious scents typical of Lip Smacker offerings. Choose from three different sets: the eight-piece Lip Balm Party Pack, the Crayola Lip Balm Trio, and the Crayola Liquid Party Pack.
3. Dior refreshed their beauty counter at Tangs Orchard.
The newly renovated counter is now flanked with an Instagram-worthy, gold-flecked J'adore wall and provides express services such as hand massages and lip touch-ups.
4. Lush has launched 54 new bath bombs.
Their biggest drop yet, the release celebrates the birth of the brand's iconic bath bomb 30 years ago. All fizzy treats are available on the site, while a smaller curation can be found in stores.
5. Benefit Cosmetics teamed up with Quay Australia to launch sunglasses.
Pick from three designs fitting of both Benefit Cosmetics and Quay Australia's uber-fun, playful aesthetic. They are in either black or pink hues so as to reflect the respective brand's logos. Cute!
6. Colourpop and Becky G are collaborating once more to release two limited-edition lipsticks.
The singer first collaborated with Colourpop in 2018; together, they released an eyeshadow palette, several liquid lipsticks, and a highlighter. In 2019, she will be dropping two limited edition Lux Lipsticks. Selling out is destiny.
7. Celebrity makeup artist Patrick Ta has launched his highly anticipated makeup collection.
With support from clients such as the Hadid sisters and Olivia Munn, the high-profile makeup artist is now launching his very own makeup brand, Patrick Ta Beauty. His first collection, Major Glow, comprises a Body Oil, a Highlighting Mist, a Lip Shine, and a Setting Fan.
8. Channing Tatum went platinum blonde and we don't know how to feel about it.
The Magic Mike star posted an image of himself sporting newly bleached blonde locks with the caption, "bad idea? Haha." 59% said yes. 'Nuff said.
9. Sultans of Shave will be launching their fourth outlet at Jewel Changi Airport.
The 600-square-foot outlet includes a private room where gentlemen can kick back and relax before a shave. Another first: a male-targeted scalp treatment aimed at helping men treat and prevent hair loss, sensitive scalp, and dandruff issues.