Fenty Beauty’s Body Lava makes a triumphant comeback, Bella Thorne lightens her hair with beer, and other beauty news this week
1. Fenty Beauty brings back their Body Lava... for a limited time only.
The legendary body oil hit shelves once more on April 8, with the inclusion of an all-new shade: Trophy Wife. Fans are sure to recognise the hyper lustrous gold as one of the much-adored Fenty highlighter shades — which you can now slap on your body, too. No word as to when it will be taken off shelves, but we'd snap 'em up quick before it (inevitably) sells out.
2. Bella Thorne opts to skip the salon and lighten her hair with beer, instead.
According to Thorne, "it naturally lightens hair" and is good for tresses. Though certain hair professionals disagree on the effectiveness of this supposed DIY bleach treatment, it is not entirely without benefits. The malt and hops in beer supposedly contain proteins that help hair achieve a mirror-like shine.
3. James Corden and Chloe Grace Mortez partner up for a hilarious new skincare video series.
#Bareskinchat — or, SK-II's latest entertainment series — will be hosted by the duo as they explore Chloe's skincare stash, secrets, and more. Episodes will air from 25 March on SK-II's official YouTube channel, with new episodes coming in every fortnight.
4. Colourpop drops a makeup collection inspired by iconic Disney villains.
The collection features a motley crew of villains such as Cruella de Vil, Maleficient and Ursula adorned on eyeshadow palettes, lipsticks and highlighters. No rest for the wicked, right?
5. Ariana Grande retails hair clips during her Sweetener world tour.
The Grammy Award winner sported bedazzled, snap-on clips alongside her signature pony. They’re reportedly a collaboration between her hairstylist and accessory brand, Kitsch.
6. Sony will be releasing a Pixar-style, short animated film about a Black father trying to do his daughter's hair.
Aptly titled Hair Love, the animated short film is slated to hit theatres late this year, with Director Matthew A. Cherry calling it "an important moment for representation" that "encourages positive parental moments." Sign. Us. Up.
7. Lupita Nyong'o dons some creepy new contacts... and pulls it off.
Proving that she can do just about anything, Lupita Nyong'o rocks both honeyed and red (!) contacts whilst promoting Us, the psychological horror flick directed by Jordan Peele of the highly acclaimed Get Out. Now, that's what we call dedication.
8. Jeffree Star drops a frosty new collection that is all about the baby blues.
Having covered reds and peaches in his iconic Blood Sugar palette, Jeffree Star's latest Blue Bloods palette contains 18 pans of chilly, frosty blue shadows that can be complemented with mini velour liquid lipsticks, lip scrubs, and highlighters in similar hues.