Estée Lauder’s great-granddaughter gets her own makeup line, Ariana Grande’s fragrance update, and other beauty news
1. Ariana Grande's 'Thank U, Next' fragrance will be available on 18 August.
The star also provided a sneak peek of the bottle, which (aptly) features a broken heart. Word on the street is that it will be available at Ulta, though there's been no confirmation yet if it will be an in-store or online exclusive.
2. Jackie Aina teams up with Anastasia Beverly Hills to release an eyeshadow palette.
The 14-pan palette comprises gorgeous shades of purple, copper, and pink that are flattering on all complexions with a focus on medium and dark skin tones. "I started my channel to help black women think out of the box," she explains. "You don't have to stick to shades that match your complexion; you can play around with color and cool tones. I wanted this palette to service the person who wants to experiment and the person who prefers neutrals, too." Sing it, sis.
3. Jeffree Star launches his biggest makeup collection yet, with Morphe.
It seems we haven't seen the last of Jeffree Star x Morphe. The sophomore collection includes a 30-pan eyeshadow palette, a Set and Refresh Mist, a 10-piece eye brush collection, and a beauty sponge trio — all decked out in Jeffree's iconic hot pink packaging. Our bank accounts are crying as we type this.
4. Glossier adds a new balm to their highly popular Balm Dotcom Line.
5. Guerlain drops a new limited edition beauty collection to make us swoon.
Think metallic-to-glitter eyeliners, highlighters, and pigment-packed lippies in unequivocally bold hues such as ruby and emerald. Scoop 'em up mid-August when they arrive at Guerlain counters in Tangs Plaza, Takashimaya, and Metro Paragon.
6. Milani Cosmetics is searching for four new brand ambassadors in Singapore.
The chosen ones will be featured in Milani Singapore campaigns and win $3,000 worth of products. To sign up, create a makeup look using at least two Milani products and post it up on Instagram. Be sure to state the inspiration behind your lewk and the specific products used alongside your name, age, then tag plus hashtag: @milanicosmetics_Singapore, #MilaniMuseSG #MilaniSG #BorderlessBeauty. The search ends 8 September; winners will be notified on 13 September.
7. Estée Lauder's great-granddaughter will be creating her own makeup collection for the brand.
Talk about keeping it in the family — 25-year-old actress Danielle Lauder has announced that she will release a limited edition makeup collection called Act IV in 2020. No word yet as to what the line-up will be, though she has mentioned that it will be the perfect amalgamation of her heritage in beauty and her passion for acting.
8. La Prairie makes a sizable donation to the ETH Foundation in support of glaciology-related research.
The brand lends its support to the Section of Glaciology in Continental Europe's number one ranked university, demonstrating its efforts on fighting climate change through the preservation of beautiful landscapes and natural resources of Switzerland, their country of origin.