Ariana Grande’s tattoo is a major fail, Meghan Markle has a new look, and other beauty news this week
1. Ariana Grande's latest "7 Rings" tattoo actually translates to small charcoal grill.
The “spelling” mishap occurred when Grande opted to leave some letters off her tattoo (based on her latest hit single) due to intolerable pain. Ouch. She then attempted to fix it by adding another kanji character to it — only for it to now say, "small charcoal grill finger". Double ouch.
2. Kit Kat collaborates with Etude House to give us some cute AF beauty treats.
Available in Original Milk Chocolate and White Strawberry Chocolate, each palette contains six shades that evoke memories of chocolatey childhood goodness. (Okay fine, not so much childhood than last week. Technicalities.)
3. Glossier expands its shade range for all coverage options.
Initially only available in five shades across their Skin Tint, Wowder, and Stretch Concealer range, Glossier has now stepped up their inclusivity game to include twelve varying hues for each collection. It's no Fenty, but we'll take it.
4. SK-II by Senze Salus Boutique Spa opens their largest flagship store yet.
Located at Raffles City, the flagship outlet houses 20 treatment rooms — all of which are equipped with their signature heated beds and top-of-the-range cotton sheets. Book your appointment, STAT.
5. Kylie Cosmetics names their Valentine Lip Kits after Taylor Swift songs.
Hmm, a shout-out to Swift or just plain ol' shady? We just can't tell. Bearing names such as 'Forever and Always' as well as 'Story of Us' (all hits from Taylor's earlier albums), it all seems a little too on the nose to be coincidental.
6. Sephora jumps on the CNY bandwagon.
Pigs have invaded Sephora's Lunar New Year Collection — including a brush set that has an actual snout. Aww.
7. Meghan Markle switches up her look and the Internet is shooketh.
Granted, everyone's collective intake of breath had more to do with how the Duchess of Sussex rarely deviates from her usual fare of centre-parted waves (and a nude lippie) than her actual ballerina bun.
8. Céline Dion speaks out about her weight loss.
The criticism began when the singer stepped out during Paris Haute Couture week in a series of — frankly, stunning — ensembles. During her interview with The Sun’s Dan Wooton, she addresses the issue with a blunt, "If you like it, I'll be there. If you don't, leave me alone." This is after she reassures fans that she is doing this for herself, and that she's now playing with styles that help her feel attractive. Sing it, sister. Also, we hope you’re as healthy as you are happy.