How to re-create the makeup at Cynthia Rowley’s and Gabriela Hearst’s FW2020 shows using Bobbi Brown products
As avid readers of Buro. Singapore, we trust you've seen our curation of first-rate faces at NYFW. From Marc Jacobs to Prabal Gurung, the Big Apple served up a visual feast comprising abstract, artistic strokes (Rag & Bone), neon pops of colour (Chromat) and technical marvels (Dion Lee) aplenty. It was experience dazzling, exhilarating, and experimental in equal measure — made even more so when we were granted backstage access to witness it all in real-time at Cynthia Rowley's and Gabriela Hearst's shows. That's right, we got the goss on the exact makeup line-up; the pro techniques utilised; and the inspiration behind these works of art, below.
Get the look at... Cynthia Rowley
The inspiration: Artist, Cassandra Garcia, pays homage to the feminine, school-girl aesthetic with rouged cheeks and a plumped, peach pout.
What to do:
1. Begin by prepping skin with Bobbi Brown's conditioning-blend Extra Face Oil. Once that's well and absorbed, prep the skin with their Hydrating Face Cream, a moisturising offering designed to be worn under makeup.
2. Slather on their Vitamin Enriched Face Base — a two-in-one moisturiser and primer — to attain a lit-from-within glow.
3. Apply the Bobbi Brown Extra Illuminating Moisture Balm to pack on the glow. Then, reach for the Long-Wear Weightless Foundation SPF15 and top it off with Skin Foundation Stick to conceal imperfections.
4. Add a light layer of Bobbi Brown's Corrector and Instant Full Cover Concealer if you require more coverage.
5. Moving on to the eyes; the Brow Kit and Waterproof Brow Shaper was used to achieve full yet natural-looking arches. Opt for the Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick in the hue, Vanilla Cream, and the Eyeshadow in Antique Rose to re-create subtly glimmering lids. Brush a generous helping of Bobbi Brown's Smokey Eye Mascara over lashes.
6. For a sun kissed flush, sweep on a light dusting of the Bronzing Powder, followed by the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Calpyso Coral. Sweep the Highlighting Powder in Pink Glow over the cheekbones.
7. Finish off by lining your pout in Bobbi Brown's Lip Pencil in Burnt Orange, then drenching it with a Crushed Lip Colour in the shade, Sunset. Focus the colour on the centre of the lips for a plumped, just-bitten effect.
Get the look at... Gabriela Hearst
The inspiration: Pure, petal-fresh skin dipped in subtle, shimmering hints of gold is what artist, Hannah Murray, envisioned. She wanted it to be "elemental" and "of the earth", with haphazard, child-like application used to make a striking statement.
What to do:
1. Start with Bobbi Brown's Vitamin Enriched Face Base to hydrate, smooth, and prime skin for makeup.
2. The Intensive Skin Serum Foundation SPF40 comes next, followed by the Instant Full Cover Concealer to get rid of lingering redness or blemishes. The Corrector is then used for problem areas.
3. Brows are kept fluffy and natural with a coating or two of the Bobbi Brown Waterproof Brow Shaper.
4. Swipe the Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick in shades, Sunlight Gold, Goldstone, and Golden Bronze on lids. Top it off with the multi-dimensional formulation, Luxe Eyeshadow in Heat Ray.
5. As for blush, go for the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks in Pale Pink to grant a healthy flush.
6. Finally, don a sheer tinted lip balm to create a beautiful, glowy nude lip. Murray went with the shade Bare Pink.