While summer is a year-round event in Singapore, the hotter months of May, June and July do invite lighter makeup, shorter shorts and sandalled feet. And you'll want to show off a pretty pedicure in a summery shade when you're out and about. Whether you go for punchy yellow and tomato oranges, polka dots or softer pastels, now's the time to abandon those basic nudes and light pinks and try something striking, fun and eye-catching.
1. Dior Vernis Duo in 001 Pastilles, $41 This is sold as a set of two lacquers with a handy dotting tool. Use them individually or jazz up your nails with fun polka dots. With this colour combo — nude and azure — you can't go wrong.
2. M.A.C Studio Nail Lacquer in Fashion Fizz, $23 Add a dose of fun to your nails by painting a glitter top coat over each shade. This goes especially well with metallic sandals or even gold hardwear.
3. NCLA Nail Lacquer in AM: Beauty Sleep, PM: Shopping Spree Because summer is not complete without a pastel, sea-inspired shade like this gorgeous milky, minty hue.
4. Yves Saint Laurent Beauté La Laque Couture in 44 Amber Gingembre, $39 Summer is here, so celebrate it with orange. Playful, fun and surprisingly skin-flattering, this will look so good with a tan and strappy sandals.
5. Chanel Le Vernis in Espadrilles, $39 This is the classic orange-red that never goes out of style no matter the season. What better way to paint the town red than with Chanel.
6. Nars Nail Polish in Kalymnos, $30 This cool shade has great colour payoff and will have all the minimalists instantly swooning. It contrasts pefectly with darker leather sandals and is a cooler alternative to white.