When it comes to the festive season, whether or not you celebrate, there are bound to be tons of catch-ups, parties and events to attend. Here's my edit of some skin saviours, makeup must-haves and a luxurious Christmas candle to set the stage for a great night out (or in).
1. Diorific Mat Lipstick in 770 Fantastique, $53 This tops my list of lippies, first for the packaging, and more importantly because of its great colour payoff and a hue that instantly brightens the face. In addition, whipping this out for reapplication will certainly invite envious stares.
2. Byredo Eau de Parfum in Gypsy Water, from $191 This scent transitions into a base note of sandalwood and vanilla with hints of powder, making it the perfect casual fragrance. Very sensual, soft and unisex: total bliss.
3. Clé de Peau Beauté Bal Masque Body Powder, $145 What better way to turn up the party attitude then with a soft, smooth and luminous rose gold shimmer on your décolletage? With its pleasant, fine texture and light scent, this luxe body powder is great for our hot weather.
4. Maison Francis Kurkdjian Mon beau Sapin candle, $110 A candle is always a great idea for gift. Perfect for a relaxing evening at home or to light up when your guests arrive for that Christmas gathering. I adore this intriguing scent from the niche perfumery, and the subtle, festive design.
5. Chanel Sublimage La Crème, $546 (Available from 8 January) This luxurious cream has a gorgeous texture that will perk up and pamper skin both pre- and and post-party, and will work well in the new year.