Matte lipsticks are de rigeur this festive season. And in rich, luxurious shades of deep and vibrant reds they are doubly delicious. Here are five of my favourites, curated, styled and reviewed just for you. Take your pick.
1. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture The Mats in 204, $49 Glides on like silk and has a matte, but slightly satiny finish. It's very lightweight so it feels like you're not wearing anything on your lips at all.
2. Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in 51 La Bouleversante, $49 If you're looking for the perfect matte lippie, look no further. This finish is not the suck-your-lips-dry kind of matte, but a smooth, velvety caress on your kissers.
3. Lancôme L'Absolu Rouge Définition in 294, $44
The creamy lipstick left a pretty stain on my lips which lasted all day, even after eating and drinking. Love that it reduced the number of touch-ups needed.
4. Tom Ford Beauty Lip Color Matte Rouge in 08 Velvet Cherry, $75 Love the vanilla scent of this luxurious lipstick. This would be my go-to autumn colour as I transition into wearing darker hues.
5. Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipstick in Matte after Dark, $33 This is great for those with dry lips. The consistency of the product is extremely creamy. It moisturises the lips yet its not too gloopy or thick.