Sleek hairstyles from NYFW fall/winter 2020 to try with your Dyson Supersonic hairdryer
Of the many misconceptions surrounding runway beauty, the most prevalent is that such looks are inherently unattainable by mere mortals. The amber-dusted cheeks, smudged kitten flicks, and candy corn talons seen at New York Fashion Week this season seem impossible to emulate without Pat McGrath's magic touch or, at the very least, a steady hand. And while we're inclined to agree that some familiarity with a makeup brush proves beneficial, it is in no way a requirement. Still, if you're feeling apprehensive, why not return to your roots (literally) by trying your hand at the buzziest 'dos from the runways? All you need in your arsenal: your trusty Dyson Supersonic hairdryer, and maybe a mousse or two. Let's get crackin'.
For the sleek braids spotted at LaQuan Smith...
1. Set your Supersonic Hairdryer on high heat and speed mode to prep tresses for styling. Then, attach the Wide-Tooth Comb extension to your dryer and run it through locks to lengthen it.
2. Pull hair into a sleek high pony, using a gel mousse to keep everything in place. Fasten the Smoothing Nozzle on your dryer, next, and blow-dry hair using the highest heat and speed settings to seal it all in.
3. Separate hair into three sections and braid. Clip faux bangs on, if you have any.
4. Hit the cool setting on your Dyson dryer and blow hair to set.
For the chic low ponytails spotted at Brandon Maxwell...
1. Saturate dry locks, section by section, with some mousse.
2. Now that the hair is wet, begin to part the hair to the side. Let the beginning of your cornea serve as your starting point — this is where the part begins.
3. Set your Supersonic Hairdryer on high heat and speed mode before using the Smoothing Nozzle and Flat Brush to straighten locks.
4. Pull hair into a low ponytail, and use a hairspray to ensure hair doesn't budge.
5. Using a low speed and high heat setting, turn the Supersonic Hairdryer back on tresses to seal the deal.
For the romantic twists spotted at Brock...
1. Work a volumising spray into hair before reaching for the Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer. Set it to high speed and low heat, then grab the smoothing nozzle and start blowing. Make sure to blow hair away from the face.
2. Pull hair back. Use hairspray to smoothen strays and brush them away from the face.
3. Toggle the settings on your dryer so it is at a low speed and cool setting. Run it through hair to ensure it sets.
4. Tie an elastic around your pulled-back tresses.
5. Separate the braid into two sections, and utilise the rope braid method to twist it into a low chignon. If hair is still wet, set it once more with your Dyson hairdryer.