We all love a good bargain. Here are five you may not know of to help your hard-earned dollars go that extra mile
You know that euphoric high when you totally scored a sweet deal? And its post purchase routine where you crow and rub it into your frenemy's face. Oh yes, we are talking bargains — the 'luxury products and/or services on a steal' type, not the garden-variety 2-for-$30 promotions — that gives you a shopping thrill like no other.
Seeing as we aren't all imbued with a Midas touch, us beautyholics have to segregate our pennies and prioritise our shopping list just a smidgen lest we end up biting off more than we can chew. #thestruggleisreal
In order to enable our love for all the things we've been eyeing but have yet to splurge on, we scout and pinge five beauty deals on your bargain radar that'll give you that bang for your buck. So embark on a (mostly) guiltless spree or treat yourself to a longed-for ritzy spa service, all while belting along to 'Free' by Natalia Kills. We know we are.
1. Beautyfresh A local company that curates an assortment of top brands and products, Beautyfresh is the site to scour for luxury skincare, makeup, fragrances and even men's grooming at prices that beat regular retailers. And if it's uncommon labels you're hoping to score, they also stock names like Eve Lom and Jill Stuart. Though the selection for some brands can be limited, the speedy delivery — hooray for Singapore-based shopping sites — more than makes up for it. Beautyfresh also flashes the occasional online codes so keeping an eye out for those will help you stretch your dollar even more. After all, who doesn't love receiving parcels full of beauty goodies?
2. Outcall Spa If you can't brave the heat or the crowds, the next best thing is having it delivered to your doorstep, which is exactly the reason that birthed the Outcall Spa. Founded by two entrepreneurial working mums who wanted to eliminate the hassle in making the trip back and forth to your designated spa, their efforts and combined passions in massage therapy have revolutionised the spa experience. Catering to your every need in the comfort of your home, the 'Go with the Flow' lymphatic massage is their popular signature service, as well as specially crafted pre and post-natal massages for new mothers. Indeed, perfect for us lazy urbanites — plus think of the Uber fares you'll save.
3. Cult Beauty "Not another beauty stockist site" is probably what you're thinking, but we promise you'll end up with a hefty virtual shopping bag. Why? Primarily because Cult Beauty is from the UK and most of their brands are of the 'hard-to-get-who's-going-overseas-help-me-buy' variety. We're talking Oskia, Omorovizca, Sunday Riley and Kypris. If those names even mean anything to you, you'll be hitting up your web browser right about now. Plus they ship worldwide and what with Brexit in effect, there's no better time to go pound shopping than now. Tip: Subscribe to their newsletter to get free shipping when you make your first order.
See? We told you so.
4. Hyatt Damai Spa Premium If you collect spa packages the way your man amasses top-of-the-line kicks, you'll be pleased to discover this nugget of gold. Located within the Grand Hyatt hotel, the Damai Spa is every spa-addict's kryptonite. Backdropped by a plush and soothing ambiance made even more luxurious with a team of dedicated professionals, a treatment at the Damai is the definition of '90 minutes in heaven'. Functioning much like a membership, the Spa Premium package gives you a host of exclusive privileges, such as birthday benefits and retail discounts, on top of your massage sessions. Best of all, there're no complicated hoops to jump through in order to qualify; this is by far the most fuss-free luxury spa membership in the history of luxury spa memberships.
5. Vaniday There's no excuse not to utilise this beauty bargain since we're practically welded to our smartphones. Vaniday is your one-stop app that collates every beauty service under the sun into one portal for your booking convenience. Chockfull of popular salons, from manicures and facials to waxing and beard trimming for the gents, Vaniday also features a 'GSS & BFF' section where you can go co-op and score some 2-for-1 deals or special promotions. With an easy-to-use interface and a bevy of choice wellness and beauty services, pampering yourself has never been more enticing. And if you get on their newsletter, you'll also net a 10 per cent discount. So go forth and book.