Barbie is the last person you would expect to teach you a thing or two about life, but Socality Barbie has an Instagram-long sermon in stored for every postering hipster out there. When was it ever normal to stand on a chair in the middle of a restaurant to take a top-down photo of your photogenic-but-bad-tasting meal? And did you really wake up with perfectly tousled hair and impeccably drawn cat-eyes? Socality Barbie doesn't think so and she's out to show you just how ridiculous this obsession for a perfectly framed life is.
Just who is behind this satirical account? All we know is that she's a Portland-based wedding photographer in her mid-20s. This anonymous heroine created the tongue-in-cheek account to mock Instagrammers who used the #liveauthentic hashtag in vain, and she does so with a keen mirroring of their used and abused Insta-photo tropes. We round up five golden moments Socality Barbie hits uncomfortably close to home.
1. "I just happened to bring all my coffee gear on this hike. Might as well make a cup on this mountain top like any normal person would do."
2. "Cuz holding your ice cream up to a wall turns it into art."
3. "Adventure planning. Hurry up weekend!"
4. "Anyone can take a picture, but not everyone can tell a story".
5. "Coffee & Kinfolk. Cuz my lyfe is beautiful."
For last week's #SundayFunday, click here.