#ManCrushMonday: Nico Rosberg
King of the road
Nico Rosberg might have suffered an unfortunate engine blow-out at the recent Italian Grand Prix, but his consistently strong performance this year has put him in second place on the overall Formula One World Championship boards. The German speed demon is after all a chip off the old block. His father, Keke Rosberg of Finland, was the 1982 World Champion, and brought Nico up in Monaco, the beating heart of all the Grand Prix action.
All eyes will be on Nico when he hits the track at this weekend's Formula One Grand Prix in Singapore. His fellow Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton might be the crowd favourite, but it doesn't take much for the accident-prone Hamilton to slip from pole position.
Besides speaking five languages, Rosberg is a keen chess and poker player who's equally fond of soccer and tennis when he's not training for the circuit. As it turns out, he's also quite the sensitive soul with a cheeky sense of humour. Here's what we learnt about Nico from his Instagram account.
1. A newly-minted father, Nico has no qualms documenting the growth of his daughter Alaia — cheesy photoshoots and all.
2. Alaia can barely stand on her own two feet, but that's not stopping him from amassing the necessary training tools for his future F1 driver.
3. His fur kid, Bailey Rosberg, gets plenty of love from this animal lover.
4. Nico and Lewis Hamilton go way back.
5. Manscaping is essential. The lumbersexual look doesn't bode well.
For last week's #ManCrushMonday, click here.
- Image: Getty Images, Instagram | @nicorosbergofficial
Leave a comment
Buro 24/7 Selection
Photographer Nguan on loneliness, dream projects and his solo exhibition
Why we need to stop telling women what we can and cannot wear
#BuroLive Episode 26: Making small talk with The Paper Bunny and smôl tôk
The best watches from BaselWorld Day 3: Hermès, Rolex, Breitling, and Hublot
Why choosing the right font for your brand is so important
Buro 24/7 Selection