#SaturdaySessions: Thai-style barbecue chicken skewers
Coated with a rich, moreish sauce that pulls together lemongrass, ginger, and Thai chilli, these chicken skewers will have you abandoning any diet you're currently on. Chicken thighs are preferred for this recipe as they're tastier than chicken breasts and don't dry out as easily.
Here's what you'll need
5 medium-sized boneless chicken thighs, each cut into 6 pieces
Chicken thigh marinade
200g oyster sauce
5g soy sauce
4g curry powder
4g coriander seeds
Chicken rice oil
15g fried shallot
90g chicken oil
Thai barbecue sauce
16g Thai chilli suace
22g chopped garlic
6g chopped lemongrass
14g chopped ginger
4g soy sauce
32g chicken stock
How to make it
1. To prepare the chicken thigh marinade, blend the garlic and ginger in a food processor before adding the rest of the ingredients. Be sure to blend it until the sugar dissolves completely.
2. Toss chicken in marinade and leave to steep overnight .
3. To make the chicken rice, combine the water and rice in a rice cooker. Cover and cook. Fluff with a fork and add the rest of ingredients while the rice is still steaming hot.
4. To prepare the Thai barbecue sauce, heat a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add some oil, then saute the garlic, lemongrass and ginger. Add the rest of the ingredients and reduce the liquid till it's two-thirds the original volume. Let it cool.
5. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place 3 pieces on each skewer.
6. Preheat the oven at 180c/220c
7. Heat some oil in a large non-stick pan over high heat until just smoking. Sear the chicken in the pan quickly till it turns golden brown.
8. Brush the Thai barbecue sauce all over the chicken skewers before putting it into the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
9. Remove chicken skewers from the oven and brush with more Thai barbecue sauce. Garnish with bunch of fresh coriander leaves before serving.
Loved this recipe? Take a look at the Small Luxury Cookbook published by the good folk from Small Luxury Hotels of The World. To view more recipes from our #SaturdaySessions series, click here.
Leave a comment
Buro 24/7 Selection
Conscious jewellery: Diamonds made in Singapore shine in eco-friendly French jewellery
The best street style from Seoul Fashion Week SS18
That touch of luxe: The new Tiffany & Co. Home & Accessories collection
How to speak Korean: 10 phrases to ensure your Seoul Fashion Week survival
What goes into making a Louis Vuitton trunk?
Buro 24/7 Selection