#SaturdaySessions: Lobster tostadas
Weekend recipe inspiration
When you're dealing with tostadas, things get messy pretty quickly. However, these crisp sheets of tortillas form the perfect canvas for piling on all manner of glorious ingredients. Think smoky peppers, creamy avocados, and in this case — fresh chunks of sweet lobster flesh. Here, the chefs from Super Loco Customs House share their decadent take on the humble tostada.
For the lobster
500g Lobster flesh
10ml Lemon juice
20ml Olive oil
1. Dice lobster flesh and dress with lemon juice, olive oil and a little extra salt. Keep refrigerated until constructing tostadas.
For the piquillo and orange mayonnaise (makes approx. 600ml)
1 Orange, zested and juiced
20ml Rice wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
400ml Vegetable oil
50gm Piquillo peppers, pureed
1 Tablespoon of chopped parsley
1. In a blender, blend orange juice, zest, vinegar, mustard and soy milk.
2. Whilst blending, slowly add oil and emulsify.
3. Once all oil has been added and has become thick, add pureed peppers.
4. Finish with chopped parsley, a little salt and sugar to balance the acidity.
5. Put in a small piping bag for later.
Building The Tostadas
Piquillo and orange mayonnaise
1 Avocado, sliced thinly and dressed with 25ml lemon juice
2 Spring onions, cleaned and sliced thinly into small rings
3 Leaves of Iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
1/4 cup Fine yellow celery heart leaves (Placed in iced water to keep crispy)
6 x 6" Tortilla shells cut in half moons, fried and drained on paper
1/2 cup Shredded red and white cabbage, for stabilising the tostadas
1. Lay out shredded cabbages on a wooden board or serving platter.
2. Arrange tortilla crisps over cabbage.
3. Top chips with lettuce, then add 2 slices of avocado.
4. Spoon on lobster meat, approximately 40gm per tortilla base.
5. Squeeze on mayo in 3mm dollops in about 5 areas over each individual piece.
6. Garnish with celery hearts and spring onion slices.
For more #SaturdaySessions recipes, click here.
Leave a comment
Buro 24/7 Selection
Watch: Step into the Gucci garden with a new eau de parfum, Gucci Bloom
8 family-friendly luxury resorts in the Maldives
Alicia Vikander: "What I find sexy is something much more than tank tops"
Go on, lust after the new Twilly d'Hermès fragrance
What's the formula behind a great jewellery exhibition?
Buro 24/7 Selection