7 ingredients. One cookie jar. Hours of pleasure. There's just something about chocolate chip cookies that no one can quite resist. We love dunking ours into a glass of milk — it sure beats the Oreo and milk combo. And there's really nothing better than biting into a freshly baked cookie dotted with molten bits of chocolate chips. Below, a quick and easy recipe you can attempt for a swift cookie fix.
Here's what you'll need:
Makes 20 - 25 bite-sized cookies
- 100g sugar (brown is ideal)
125g unsalted block butter
1 medium-sized egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp salt
225g Self raising flour
200g dark chocolate (Valrhona, please)
How to make it:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius. Place butter and sugar in large mixing bowl and mix well. Add the vanilla essence and egg and continue to mix.
2. Sift in flour and salt before mixing again. Don't skive on sifting the flour or you'll be biting into clumps after.
3. Cut chocolate up into chunks. Fold chocolate into the mixture.
4. Scoop tablespoons of the dough. Wet hands slightly and roll the dough into balls. Place cookie balls onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Don't place the cookies too close together. They'll need space to expand.
5. Bake in oven for 7 - 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, leave to cool, and tuck in.
Looking for more recipe inspiration? Turn to our #SaturdaySessions series.