#SaturdaySessions: How to make Thai salmon fishcakes
Sometimes you just want a tasty snack that hits the spot. These fishcakes are little morsels of happiness that are packed with so much flavour — they're so light and refreshing. Even better, this recipe is easy to make: Simply combine all the ingredients into a food processor and mix it all together. The recipe is also versatile, so don't get daunted by the long list of ingredients. Feel free to create your own version, by modifying it according to what you like or what you have on hand.
Here's what you need
1 large tablespoon of Thai red curry paste
3 stalks of spring onions
1 tablespoon of minced ginger
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of fish sauce
1 stalk of lemongrass (roughly chopped)
2 skinless and boneless salmon fillets (approximately 250g), sliced into chunks
Olive oil for cooking
A handful of coriander, for garnish
How to make it
1. Combine all the ingredients — except the olive oil, salmon, pepper, lime wedges, and coriander — in a food processor and blend till the ingredients are finely minced.
2. Add in the salmon and blend the mixture till you create a thick paste. Transfer this paste into a bowl.
4. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan. Using a spoon, scoop out the fishcakes into bite-sized pieces and place them directly onto the pan, flattening them slightly.
5. Cook them for two minutes on each side until the fishcakes turn golden brown. Transfer fishcakes to a cooling rack.
6. Garnish the fishcakes with coriander and serve with some lime or Sriracha sauce. They also make for a great side when served with a light green salad or Thai noodles.
For more of Melody's recipes and beautiful food images, head to her website at www.missingavenue.com
For last week's #SaturdaySessions, click here.
- Image: Melody Tan
Leave a comment
Buro 24/7 Selection
Cyber cheating: How I found out my boyfriend of 3 years was unfaithful
Science in motion: Officine Panerai's Luminor 1950 Equation of Time 8 Days GMT Titanio
Want Miroslava Duma to invest in your company? Here’s how…
10 survival skills every millennial needs to know
Isabella Rossellini: A life in pictures
Buro 24/7 Selection