#BuroBites: Poached peaches with honey truffle yoghurt
Is there anything more satisfying than biting into a perfectly cooked peach? In the hands of photographer and food stylist Tan Chun Rong, this ripe fruit is given a boozy makeover by poaching it in a moscato bath before siding it with tangy Greek yoghurt sweetened with honey and lifted with truffle oil. In this episode of #BuroBites, Tan shows radio presenter Rosalyn Lee three ways to serve this dish, demonstrating that killer plating chops have the power to turn a Netflix-and-chill indulgence to a cocktail-party ready dish in a matter of minutes.
Here's what you'll need
500g Greek yoghurt
4 tbs honey
1/2 tbs truffle oil
750ml pink moscato
A sprig of rosemary
Dash of freshly squeezed lemon juice (optional)
A packet of granola
How to make it
1. Mix greek yoghurt, honey, and truffle oil together in a mixing bowl. Strain the mixture through filter paper or a cheese cloth to thicken the consistency.
2. Cut each peach into half and remove the pit.
3. Pour moscato into a sauce pot and heat it over the stove till the temperature of the liquid reaches 70 degrees Celcius. Thereafter, turn the heat down low. Add the peaches in, skin-side down. Poach peaches for 8 minutes before flipping them over to the other side. Continue to poach for another 8 minutes. The peaches should be soft by now.
4. Leave them to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing them.
5. There are three ways to assemble this dish. View the video above for Tan's nifty food styling tips.
The ingredients for this recipe can be purchased via RedMart. If it's your first time purchasing from RedMart, enter the promo code 'BUROTENOFF' to enjoy $10 off your order. This offer is valid till 31 July 2016. For full coupon code conditions, please click here.
- Video: Justin Chen
- Image: CR Tan
Leave a comment
Buro 24/7 Selection
Introducing Publico, the latest gourmet haven at Robertson Quay
Martina Hingis on being at the top of her game, off-court pursuits, and potential motherhood
Here’s the MB&F Horological Machine N°8 in its most cheerful rendition
Kathy Griffin: "I'm hoping Singaporeans can handle my level of honesty"
Take our readers' survey to win a 3-night stay at The Luxe Nomad's Villa Suami in Bali
Buro 24/7 Selection