#BuroBites: Ice cream cake with boozy berries
Sweet, creamy, and utterly lickable — ice cream cakes are the perfect summer dessert to indulge in. Since it's always summer in Singapore, you have every excuse to treat yourself. As the base for the cake is made entirely out of ice cream, you'll want to use the best ice cream you can get your hands on (The Pint Society gets our vote in this department for its insistence on incorporating only premium ingredients). Below, a foolproof way to impress at every dinner party.
Here's what you need
1 seven-inch Springform cake tin
24 Oreo cookies
75g unsalted butter
2 x 473ml Pints of The Ice Cream & Cookie Co.'s Vanilla Bean Dream
3 punnets of mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
1 glass of champagne, moscato or alcohol of your choice
3 tbsp honey
Icing sugar and mint leaves, to garnish
How to make the boozy berries
1. Wash and dry berries. If you're using larger berries, cut them into halves or quarters.
2. In a mixing bowl, toss berries in honey and your choice of alcohol. We went with moscato to intensify the sweetness of the berries.
3. Leave to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes. The marinated berries can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
How to make the ice cream cake
1. Defrost ice cream for approximately 30 minutes in your fridge. It should be soft and pliable, but not runny or melted.
2. Line your cake tin with baking paper.
3. Place whole Oreos in food processor and grind until sandy in texture.
4. Melt butter, and stir into Oreo crumbs.
5. Press Oreo crumb mix into the bottom of your lined cake tin and smooth over with the back of a spoon. Don't press down too hard or your cookie base will freeze into a rock solid slab. Freeze cookie base for 20-30 minutes.
6. Spoon ice cream into cake tin and smooth over to create a flat surface.
7. Freeze for a minimum of 4 hours (or overnight, depending on your freezer strength).
8. To remove the cake from the tin, run a hot knife around the edges.
9. Place cake on cake stand and top with boozy berries.
10. Dust with icing sugar and sprinkle with mint leaves. Serve immediately.
The ingredients for this recipe can be purchased via RedMart. If it's your first time purchasing from RedMart, enter the promo code 'BUROTENOFF' to enjoy $10 off your order. This code is valid till end of August 2016. For full coupon code conditions, please click here.
- Video: Justin Chen
- Image: Rosalyn Lee
Buro 24/7 Selection
Craving coffee and brunch? These cafés are open over Chinese New Year
Best shows from NYFW FW18: Coach 1941, Rosie Assoulin and Boss Woman
Be dazzled by Chaumet’s new collection inspired by the winter light and colours of imperial Russia
5 things to do this weekend: 16 - 18 February
Best shows from LFW FW18: Bora Aksu, Fyodor Golan and Ashley Williams
Buro 24/7 Selection