Have a sip of our very own Buro tea
Victor Koh, director and tea maker at Ette Tea Company, has quite the nose for unconventional tea blends infused with a liberal dose of local flavours. Flying the local culinary flag high, the homegrown tea company has rolled out tea blends reminiscent of nasi lemak, pandan chiffon cake, and other familiar favourites.
When tasked to dream up a blend for Buro 24/7 Singapore, Koh looked to Buro's Russian heritage for inspiration. The result? A tea inspired by the Moscow Mule cocktail — sans vodka of course. To mirror the flavour profile of the iconic cocktail, ginger and citrus notes are blended into a base of Russian Caravan tea. It's pretty much the next best thing to the alcoholic tipple, and one that takes especially well to carbonated water.
If you've never tried preparing a bubbly brew, here's how you can do so.
Moscow Mule bubbly tea
To prepare this tea, we won't be boiling carbonated water. Instead, we'll steep the tea leaves in cold, carbonated water. The tea is good for 24 hours from the time of preparation. Do note that overnight steeping causes the tea to turn brown, so don't forget to remove the filter bag when the tea is ready.
1. Fill a tea filter bag with four grams (1 teaspoon portions approximately two grams of tea) of Moscow Mule tea.
2. Have a 1.5L bottle of chilled and sparkling water ready.
3. Insert the tea-filled filter bag into the bottle and close the cap. Do not tighten the cap fully.
4. Steep the tea in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes.
5. Be careful when opening the bottle. Serve without ice and garnish with a slice of lemon.
Available exclusively at the Buro pop-up store. 6 Scotts Road, Scotts Square #01-06/07. Open daily from 10am to 10pm (Tel: 6443 4771)
Buro 24/7 Selection
What to do when everything is closed on Chinese New Year
Inside Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour — the city's first new build luxury hotel in 18 years
Your anti-basic guide to Chinese New Year dressing
One minute beauty tutorials: The CNY red eyeshadow look
Is aqua boxing the new HIIT?
Buro 24/7 Selection