Mention Cos to any fashion insider and you'll find that they will rave about its clean lines, minimal aesthetic and oh-so-contemporary colour palette. For their fall/winter 2015 collection, the label looked to Japan — from the layering of the kimono to the Mono-ha art movement — and the pale icy shades of Olaf Otto Becker's photography for inspiration. It stays true to the label's core DNA but the subversion of its strict tailoring with quirkier elements that were not overly ostentatious made this a departure from previous seasons. These are some of the things we loved from the collection.
1. The bonded wool top with voluminous circle-cut back
2. The leather Chelsea boot with squared sole
3. The double-sided and reversible fitted dress with cut-out elbows
4. The jacquard top with kimono V-neck
5. The felted wool apron with utility pockets