Live from #BoFVOICES: Dries Van Noten, Carine Roitfeld and more to weigh in on politics and challenges in fashion
Dialogues to inspire
Tune in live to The Business of Fashion's annual VOICES conference on 30 November and 1 December
Though the best ideas are often brewed over a hot cuppa or cold dram, to spark change is a tall order. It calls for education, to spread the word. Fresh perspective, to recalibrate our ways of thinking. Action, to bring these insights to fruition. With these goals in mind, The Business of Fashion (BoF) launched the VOICES conference in 2016, gathering industry thought leaders for a series of discussions spanning world and fashion issues.
Now in its second year, BoF is inviting the public to be a part of its two-day think tank. While Oxfordshire's Soho Farmhouse plays host to the event, watch and listen in from anywhere around the globe as panel members Dries Van Noten, Dapper Dan, Carine Roitfeld, Sarah Andelman of Colette and Amit Sood of Google to name just a few, drill down on the impact politics, innovative technology, and authenticity has on businesses and the individual. See the full agenda below, and tune in live above.
All sessions are listed in Singapore time.
1. The Wider World Time: 6 — 8:30pm Speakers: Dries Van Noten, Hanne Gaby Odiele, Phillip Picardi and more. What it's about: The influence politics, social issues and humanitarian crises has on businesses.
2. Inside the Fashion System Time: 9:30 — 11:30pm Speakers: Carine Roitfeld, Halima Aden, Dapper Dan, Sarah Andelman of Colette and more. What it's about: A look at the fashion industry — what begs change and an exploration of fresh ideas.
3. Technology and Innovation Time: 12 — 2am Speakers: Karlie Kloss, Joe Gebbia of Airbnb, Amit Sood of Google and more. What it's about: Biofabrication and artificial intelligence: Technology at its most innovative and how it can and will change the industry.
4. Building Communities Time: 6 — 8pm Speakers: Emily Weiss, Neil Blumenthal of Warby Parker, Rachel Blumenthal and more. What it's about: The importance of community and loyalty when it comes to building a brand.
5. Live Your Best Life Time: 9 — 11pm Speakers: Natalia Vodianova, Akin Akman and more. What it's about: Stories to inspire work-life balance and personal authenticity.