We’ve combed through the clutter to bring you the best runway trends worth their weight in salt. Gentlemen, this is what you’ll be wearing next season
Menswear, my friends, is booming. Just take a look at the plethora of looks and styles paraded at the recent European and American shows. From New York to Paris, the fall/winter 2015 season served up a cavalcade of covetable ensembles, accessories and, every now and then, eyebrow-raising propositions. But then again, what's fashion week (month, really) without a few 'innovative' ideas?
From endorphin-inducing yellow accents to dark floral suits and statement scarves (guys, I know this is Singapore, but you do travel right?), we've handpicked the need-to-know trends to weave into your wardrobe come this fall.
1. Beanies The headgear trend continues. Want to swag up? Wear a beanie.
2. Black Out To the delight of many a fashion folk, Mrs Prada set the tone with a monochromatic collection that reminded us all why there is never really a 'new black'; it's always black.
3. Turtlenecks Frames your face, makes you look downright dapper and, as a bonus, more comfortable than a buttoned-up shirt.
4. Statement Scarves Because air-conditioning in Singapore is cold. Especially in cinemas.
5. Fur Refer to statement scarves above. Ditto.
6. It Was All Yellow Designers across the board punctuated their collections with statement accent colours. But canary yellow ruled the roost.
7. Dark Floral Suits The menswear staple reinterpreted and reissued for the badass dandy.
8. Stripe Story A perennial favourite, this season saw the stripe blown up and emblazoned over jackets and tops.
9. 50 Shades of Grey Understated and all class. The muted palette allowed textures and details to take centre stage.
10. Check Up On It Key words: masculine, bold and eclectic. Pattern play at its finest.