Our latest style crush gives us the lowdown on making an impact with colours and prints, and confidence as her best weapon
If we had to describe Ploy Chava's style in a monosyllable, fun seems like the most fitting word. There's not a print that the style and social editor of ELLE Thailand won't take on. From a conservative — by her standards — gingham frock to a sequined skirt-suit topped off with orange Nike sneakers, Chava always looks impeccable with the next level pair-ups she elevates those individual pieces with. If you've seen her street style snaps from fashion week, you'll know exactly what we're talking about.
In an interview with Buro, Chava talks fashion as art and reveals that her FW15 cravings are all things glittery from Miu Miu — we expected no less from her.
1. Plan your outfit around one key item "When I get dressed in the morning, I pick the one thing I can't wait to wear, or the newest item that I have, and match the rest of the clothes around it. I'm most particular about matching my shoes with my outfits."
2. Denim suits all occasions "All you need is that one good pair of jeans. It's the one thing in my wardrobe I can't live without as it really is perfect for any occasion, depending on what you pair it with."
3. Shoes complete an ensemble "They're my greatest weakness. I can never resist a great pair. It's also the finishing touch to your outfit."
4. Confidence is your best style weapon "This has to come first. Then the clothes. Also, don't dress in a way that highlights your flaws. It sounds harsh but no one is perfect. And lastly, be inspired by your personal style icons, but never imitate. Put your own spin to it."
5. Use colours and prints when dressing to impress "When I'm putting together an outfit for an important event, colours and prints are the first thing I consider as I think that they really make an impact."
6. Your style reflects your character "Fashion (and its trends) come and go. But your style is personal and eternal. It's something you create and own — and is a reflection of your character."
7. Never dress in full looks "I mix and match local vintage pieces and those from luxury brands in one outfit. It's comfortable, practical and fits right in with my lifestyle. I dislike dressing in full looks from brands as I feel that is too much. The result? My get-up is very different everyday."
8. Fashion has no boundaries "I love it because it really is a form of art. With any piece in hand, you can create anything you like — your imagination is the limit. It makes me feel alive."