What to shop, see and do at Front Row by Marina Bay Sands
Clear your calendars and pencil in these dates — here are five good reasons why Marina Bay Sands is set to become your second home this month
September for us locals is one of the most action-packed months of the year. With big gigs the likes of Ultra and Formula 1 coming up, music and motoring enthusiasts may have their Paddock Club and DJs on deck, but this time around, us fashion folk will hardly be left out.
With Front Row by Marina Bay Sands transforming the mega mall into a locus of luxury's finest, the Rolodex of perks and indulgences are tipped to gratify even the fashion snobs. That's right, we're hedging our bets that Emily (of The Devil Wears Prada) would be impressed. Between interactive voting galleries open to the public and first dibs on SS17 collections fresh off the runways, mark our words that the month-long soirée boasts something for everyone.
Here, get the inside scoop on the itinerary and start rounding up your friends — we bring you five good reasons why Front Row is the place to be this month.
1. SHOPAHOLICS ANONYMOUS Calling all self-confessed Rebecca Bloomwoods — if you score a gorgeous leather bag on sale, that's practically saving money, right? Slip on your shopping shoes and shimmy your way down to...
Moschino, who's ringing in Milan Fashion Week with a bang. Enjoy 10% discount on their latest FW16 collection. Valid from 21 to 27 September. Located at L1-15, Bay Level. Diane vonFurstenberg, upping the shopping ante with a 10% discount applicable storewide along with a gift on all purchases. Valid from 8 September to 5 October. Located at B2-18, Canal Level.
2. INSTANT GRATIFICATION Think of this as retail on speed for the fashion millenial. See it, want it, definitely going to get it in a heartbeat. Offering up runway collections from the current show season, the retail calendar's 'see now buy now' concept kicks off at...
Tom Ford, that just presented their fall 2016 threads hours ago in New York. The brand will be conducting a private screening of the show, with pieces from the new collection ready for the shopper to take home. By invitation only on 15 September. Located at L1-33, Bay Level. Burberry, the ringleader of the fashion calendar's seismic shift will also be broadcasting their first seasonless September show at the mall's skating rink. Cop the pieces that tickle your fancy right on the spot, and indulge in the heritage brand's intricate craftsmanship through activities held at the boutique. By invitation only. Located at B1-103, Galleria Level and B2-78, Canal Level.
3. OPENING UP YOUR SENSES Ever wondered what your olfactory soul mate smells like? To find out whether you're a citrusy bergamot or sweet fig, pay a visit to... Penhaligon's, that will be offering scent profiling on the house by one of their maestros. Discover the world of the storied British perfumery through the scent bar, a carousel of all their greatest hits. From 16 to 20 September. Located at B1-128, Galleria Level.
4. TAKING YOUR THREADS TO THE NEXT LEVEL Any self-respecting gent will tell you that the key to nailing your suit is first and foremost getting to know yourself. Embark on a journey of self-discovery with... Ermenegildo Zegna, the pundit and pinnacle of menswear. Have a go at the complimentary consultation services in-store, but first, let us tell you how it'll probably go down: A one-on-one session drinking up champagne and a wealth of tailoring knowledge. Here's to looking better than you ever did — no booze goggles necessary. Valid from 8 September to 5 October. Located at B2M-219, Casino Level.
5. LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD Whether you're all on board with a trend or banking for it to fizzle out like a one-hit wonder on the Top 40 charts, let us know your verdict at...
Buro 24/7's Trend Gallery, which opens up the floor to the public across the domains of fashion, beauty and culture. Located within the Front Row City (AKA the skating rink), we've curated three trends each across the board, in the interest of gathering a penny for your thoughts. Simply vote for your favourite tunes, makeup and fashion looks via the interactive screens. Voting is open from 12 to 22 September. Cite Buro 24/7 Singapore to enter the Trend Gallery. Located at B2, Canal level.