Tom Ford turned to Andy Warhol's Factory for inspiration this season and drew on the rich mix of art, music and film of the Sixties for his leading men
1. Retro is the way to go If you haven't already noticed, Tom Ford has an obsession with the Swinging Sixties. We saw it in his stylised directorial debut of A Single Man back in 2009 — outfitting Colin Firth in impeccable suits — and for spring 2016, the louche vibe of that era finds its way into the spring 2016 collection in the form of sharply-cut pinstriped suits.
2. Go bold or go home The Tom Ford man is definitely used to being the centre of attention and SS16 is not the time to shy away from the spotlight. Bright colour combinations reminiscent of psychedelic lava lamps are sure to be showstoppers when the new season rolls around.
3. Space race One particular ensemble that caught our eye was Look 34. Aside from the beautiful cut of the jacket, it was really the fabric that made it a standout from the rest of the collection — the specially engineered jacquard was futuristic and hypnotic; catching light with each move and step.
4. Motor cross Biker jackets were the order of the day, layered over buttoned-up shirts and jeans, giving instant cool to a classic look. When reinterpreted in red and white suede, the jacket lent an effortless air of '60s style that made it a winner in our books.
5. Construction is key Known for his meticulous attention to detail, Tom Ford's sharp tailoring in tonic mohair and traditional high- wool suitings made for a debonair spring outing.
To see all our coverage of London Collections: Men SS16, click here