The father-son team behind Casely-Hayford had sportswear on the mind for spring/summer 2016, filtering it through their dapper aesthetic and reinventing it for the contemporary consumer
1. Let's talk about sweats The clever incorporation of two disparate elements — the regular ol' sweatshirt and classic British tailoring — into hybrid coats that were befitting of a Mayfair maverick.
2. Get on court Basketball was a strong inspiration for the Casely-Hayford duo and the genius was that they translated elements from the court into long coats that were a stylish slam dunk.
3. Prints charming Lush tropicana was turned into an entirely covetable print repeated in blue and green versions — the lightweight fleece fabric and impeccable cut also made it perfect for the season.
4. A lengthy affair The designers made a directional decision, experimenting with different lengths for spring. Think elongated T-shirts with a peek of tailored shirt showing just below the hem, and basketball shorts executed in technical fabrications.
5. Our favourite look If we had to sum the Casely-Hayford show in one look (a difficult task, no doubt), we would have to pick Look 13. The reinvented coat, with its padded sleeves, bold blue, and the distinctly sporty influence, combined with Casely-Hayford's distinct tailoring make it the defining look of this collection.
To read all our coverage on London Collections: Men SS16, click here.