Social media scoop: Fifth Harmony drama, celebrity Christmas prep and "om telolet om"
Camila Cabello does a Zayn and Geri on Fifth Harmony, the dance world can't stop chanting "om telolet om" while celebrities start preparing for Christmas
1. Camila Cabello leaves Fifth Harmony Well, sort of — at least according to her "representatives". After her humble beginnings as an The X Factor contestant and making it big with girl group Fifth Harmony, an announcement on the group's Instagram account made Harmonizers go into a frenzy. A we said, she said moment took place, confusing fans and non-fans alike. There's a special place in hell or heaven for people like Cabello — and they include inhabitants Zayn Malik and Geri Halliwell.
2. Lauren Jauregui hints at management issues If you thought letting go of a member was bad, fellow Fifth Harmony songstress Lauren Jauregui's issues with their management surfaced in a leaked audio which captured her conversing with another band member. The #FreeFifthHarmony hashtag soon surfaced, calling for fans to pressure their management into easing things up.
"To fuck us over to make us literally slaves literally slaves ally we're doing fucking labor everyday and we see nothing" pic.twitter.com/o0THFLzhjg
3. "Om telolet om" puts Indonesia on the map Elsewhere in the dance music world, DJs and musicians are in a frenzy over the Indonesian phrase "om telolet om", which is apparently a well-loved Indonesian meme about the sounds a bus makes.
4. Santa's little helpers What's Christmas without that fat jolly man making his visits? David and Victoria Beckham's youngest son Cruz got on Santa's nice list, as did Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's daughter, Luna.
5. All I want for Christmas is... A bunch of things. Channing and Jenna Dewan Tatum's child jotted down a long list of wants, including glitter for the fairies. Something we all need, really.
6. Have yourself a Grinch-like Christmas The Grinch is real, as illustrated by Christina Aquilera and fiancé Matthew Rutler. How's that for a Christmas sweater?
7. Tree of life Does Mariah Carey sing her own Christmas songs? While her strong vocals lead every Christmas party playlist, they take a break as she cosies up in this Airbnb.
8. Christmas is lit AF Remember when "lit" was short for "literature"? We do, although the same doesn't ring any bells for young millenials like Miley Cyrus, who busted out this "lit AF" Christmas sweater.
9. The gifts that keep on giving Bringing joy to the world — and the closest around her, of course — is Reese Witherspoon, who happens to also be self-plugging her clothing line, Draper James.
10. Ringing and jingling Of course, nobody does Christmas like Beyoncé. Talk about overachieving — the Christmas video below showed off her many trees, decor themes, a gorgeous outfit and a cover to boot. Ho ho ho.