Social media scoop: Beauty and the Beast drama and celebrities on International Women's Day
We've got you covered
International Women's Day: The celebs, the shout-outs and of course, an obligatory mention of Emma Watson
1. Emma Watson continues her press tour Emma Watson continues to feature ethically-sourced and eco-friendly fashion and beauty finds on her promotional tour of Beauty and the Beast.
2. The Beauty and the Beast backlash After the film's big reveal that LeFou — Gaston's sidekick played by Josh Gad — is gay, fans and non-fans alike both cheered and jeered. Here are some of our favourite clapbacks.
imagine boycotting beauty & the beast because of a gay character while being totally cool with a teenage girl falling in love with a buffalo
3. Emma Watson vs. the Beyhive Following in the footsteps of Kim Kardashian, Watson brought her receipts to her Twitter account when the Beyhive came after her. The latter attacked her for criticising Beyoncé after Watson herself was criticised for appearing in a revealing Vanity Fair shoot.
4. Kim Kardashian and Kendall Jenner in Ocean Eight When we found out that the Kardashian was making a cameo in the movie, Ocean Eight, our hearts couldn't handle it. The new flick is said to centre on a jewellery heist, which is a bit on the nose, in our opinion.
5. Ciara and co. get cosy Really, really cosy. Now there's a family portrait for generations to come.
A post shared by Charlize Theron (@charlizeafrica) on
7. Cara Delevingne unites us all Here's to girl power: Cara Delevingne's special announcement with Puma and UN's Girl Up Campaign wants us to get moving.
8. Mindy Kaling's diverse girl gang From featuring Nigerian author and feminist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and Pakistani activist for female education Malala Yousafzai to famous actor and intersectional feminist Amandla Stenberg, Kaling is definitely urging us to #BeBoldForChange this year.
9. Shay Mitchell does it right with this one Change up your home decor with this pretty pink number. In our heads? Jay Z's Girls Girls Girls. Thanks, Shay.
10. Flower power Apart from being a special guest at the L'oreal Paris Women of Worth Gala, Blake Lively nails #IWD with this post. Period.