Once 'Liability' hits you, you'll be a goner. Here are 5 lines from Lorde's new album, Melodrama, that will hit you right in the feels
1. "I overthink your punctuation used" In 'The Louvre', Lorde comments on the anxiety of texts in this modern, screenshot-saving age of relationships. Oh, that agony of when someone is "typing..." in the chat window.
2. "I understand, I'm a liability, get you wild, make you leave, I'm a little much" 'Liability' sets the Kiwi singer-songwriter on a slower pace, its piano-led notes leading every heart beat that follows when you tend to blame yourself in a relationship that's going nowhere.
3. "I'll be your quiet afternoon crush, be your violent overnight rush, make you crazy over my touch, but it's just a supercut of us" This dancy number — similar in tune to 'Ribs' from her first album, Pure Heroine — recalls the times you've spent looking back at your relationships with rose-tinted glasses. Like what Chloë Grace Moretz's character said to Joseph Gordon-Levitt's in (500) Days of Summer, "next time you look back, you should really look again".
4. "Bet you wanna rip my heart out, bet you wanna skip my calls now, well guess what? I like that" Ah, self-destructive relationships at its finest moments. Call me maybe, or not. The duality in 'Hard Feelings/Loveless' is another post-mortem look at love lost, with Lorde accusing this generation of being loveless.
5. "I let the seasons change my mind, I love it here since I've stopped needing you" Like any good pop break-up album, the last few songs see the journey through an artist's recovery. In pain and pleasure, a closure awaits in 'Writer In The Dark'.