Like her character, Mrs Who, who converses through quotes in A Wrinkle In Time, we take five pointers from Mindy Kaling on womanhood, body image and hustling
1. The world is your oyster "Write your own part. It is the only way I've gotten anywhere. It is much harder work, but sometimes you have to take destiny into your own hands. It forces you to think about what your strengths really are, and once you find them, you can showcase them, and no one can stop you."
2. Be your own strong, independent woman "When I was younger, I wanted so badly to be married and have kids in a rush. I loved my parents' relationship. The way my father was with my mother when she was dying was so moving. It was such devotion. I don't know that that will happen for me, but I like it. I don't need marriage. I don't need anyone to take care of all my needs and desires. I can take care of them myself now."
3. Round is also a shape "I'm not an enormous person. I don't think of myself as overweight. I definitely get hurt when people say mean things about my body. But it's not the most important thing in my life."
4. Stay on top of your game "People get scared when you try to do something, especially when it looks like you're succeeding. People do not get scared when you're failing. It calms them. But when you're winning, it makes them feel like they're losing or, worse yet, that maybe they should've tried to do something too, but now it's too late. And since they didn't, they want to stop you. You can't let them."
5. Hustle hard "A lot of people ask how to get to where I am, and the single biggest thing, which is not profound, is that I work like a dog. And I work seven days a week. I have done that since forever. I can't stress that enough. It's a tedious thing to be successful and people, especially girls, don't necessarily think that."
A Wrinkle In Time is now showing in cinemas. For last week's #WomanCrushWednesday, click here.