Congrats to Cillian Murphy for his Best Actor Drama accolade at the Irish-Film and Television Awards 2017. Here are five accents this master of mimicry can pull off
1. Brummie Cillian Murphy plays Tommy Shelby in the 1920s gangster drama, Peaky Blinders, set in Birmingham. Cue England's West Midlands accent, which has garnered praise from Birmingham natives themselves.
2. Czech Based on the true story of Operation Anthropoid, a World War 2 mission to assassinate Reinhard Heydrich by Exile Czechoslovak soldiers, the Irishman adopts a Czech-tinged voice to play Jozef Gabčík, a Slovak soldier in Anthropoid.
3. American Known for playing characters with an edge, Murphy crafts the spine-tingling Dr. Crane in Batman Begins with the help of his convincing American drawl.
4. Dublin Redefining the zombie genre with the help of master auteur Danny Boyle in 28 Days Later, Murphy's Jim went with a Dublin-inspired tone, differing from his original Cork accent.
5. Cork The Palme d'Or winning film, The Wind That Shakes the Barley, portrayed life during the Irish War of Independence and the Irish Civil War, leaving Murphy to lead with his native Cork accent.