From the West End to the silver screen, Ellie Bamber has captivated audiences on television, film, stage and most recently, the Chanel runway. Here's her impressive resume at just 19 years old
1. A theatre career began when she was 12 After being spotted in a school play, the Brit performed with the London Players' Theatre, a club for music hall entertainment. At just 12 years old, she was their youngest member. Her breakthrough role on stage was in Sir Trevor Nunn's production of Aspects Of Love at the Menier Chocolate Factory. Last year, she worked with Kevin Spacey in High Society in his last production as Artistic Director at the Old Vic, London. Playing Dinah Lord, Bamber was nominated was an Evening Standard Best Newcomer Award.
2. One of her earliest film appearances didn't even have a speaking role It's almost tragic, but it happens. In 2014, Bamber starred in The Falling, with Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in the lead role of the British girls' school mystery. Playing "Dreamy Girl", Bamber's speaking lines eventually got cut. Her next role was in Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, which starred an ensemble cast with Lily James, Matt Smith, Lena Headey and Bella Heathcote. Then of course, there's Nocturnal Animals, where Bamber spent nine weeks filming in the Mojave Desert, swapping her British accent for a Southern drawl. Fun fact: Her naturally blonde hair was first dyed red for her role in Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Yup, one of Tom Ford's trio of redheads in Nocturnal Animals isn't a true red.
3. She's released an EP Yes, this multi-hyphenate sings too. She's released a four-track EP, Rush, on Union Records under the band Annoy the Boy, a duo that also includes Harry Fannon. The band's humble beginnings started in 2013, though we're not quite sure of their current status — their last update was in January 2015.
4. She's one of Papa Karl's little darlings With her attractive baby face, she's been a favourite of Karl Lagerfeld. First spotted sitting front row at the Chanel Metiers d'Art show in Rome last year, she makes her runway debut at the show at the Ritz Paris this year, where her runway co-stars included the likes of Lily-Rose Depp, Alice Dellal, Cara Delevingne, Sistine Stallone, Georgia May Jagger and Pharrell. All she needs right now is an ad campaign.
5. Red on the rise The world's pretty much Bamber's oyster after Nocturnal Animals. She'll appear in Extra Curricular Activities, a dark comedy about a boy who decides to become a hit man. Starring Timothy Simons and Colin Ford, Bamber will play the lead's accomplice. You can also look forward to the actress' first Disney role in 2018's The Nutcracker and the Four Realms with Keira Knightley, Morgan Freeman, and Misty Copeland.