#SundayFunday: General Election memes
Jumping on the bandwagon
When the General Elections come a-knockin' (quite literally, with members rallying support in the heartlands), the internet meme Gods come answering. With eight opposition parties and independent individuals fighting for all 89 seats in Parliament, this year's contest is quite an interesting one to watch, notably if your constituency is in the north-east and east. Whether you're an overly passionate Facebook commenter or you prefer to take the back seat, we all experience these universal "feels" regardless of race, language or religion. Yes, it's about time we did a story on the Singapore elections — for starters, we're pooling together the memes that mattered this political season.
1. When it's announced that parliament has dissolved.
2. When your parents remind you to register to vote.
3. When your foreign colleague asks for your opinion on the elections, or local politics in general.
4. When you can't cross a traffic light without seeing an election poster.
5. When you still find time to joke about what our neighbours in Malaysia are going through.
6. When you're at a family gathering and that uncle you hardly see attempts to start a political debate.
7. When you attend a thousand-strong crowd Worker's Party rally in Hougang.
8. When you keep scrolling through Facebook posts of friends, acquaintances and just about anybody with an opinion on the elections.
9. When men start getting carried away and allow their feelings to cloud their judgment.
10. When it's the night before voting day and you accidentally catch one last rally excerpt on television.
For last week's #SundayFunday, click here.
- Image: Belveen Singh, Ikea, SGAG, Mr Brown
Leave a comment
Buro 24/7 Selection
The best street style from Milan Fashion Week SS18
Lucy Rose interview on new album, Something's Changing: "I never find songwriting easy"
Chef Jean-Georges on his love for Singapore and his best dishes from The Dempsey Cookhouse & Bar
This app can sniff out a fake designer bag
This night oil has the goodness of a serum
Buro 24/7 Selection