From the dramatic stages of the West End to the silver screens of Hollywood, find out how Murder on the Orient Express star, Tom Bateman, is covering it all
1. Bouc who? The John Watson to Sherlock Holmes, Tom Bateman stars as Bouc, detective Hercule Poirot's (Kenneth Branagh) sidekick in Murder on the Orient Express. While this is the first time the two are cracking a case together on an Agatha Christie adaptation, they’ve acting alongside each other before. The 28-year-old English actor shared the stage with Branagh at the Garrick Theatre at the West End in Shakespeare's tragicomedy The Winter's Tale two years ago.
2. He was a LAMDA scholar Still a fresh face on the big screen, show business is not an unchartered territory for Bateman. He has been acting professionally in theatres since 2011 and is a London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) alumni. Proving himself as a theatre talent, he was awarded the coveted Leverhulme Scholarship during his course of study between 2009 and 2011.
3. He is an established thespian Bateman may be the underdog of Hollywood but he has already read scripts with theatre veterans from the likes of David Tennant, Catherine Tate, Joanna Lumley, Robery Lindsay and Judi Dench across various stage productions the past six years.
4. He has both the brawns and brains With Bateman's spirited personality and his 1.88m statuesque built, it is safe to assume he possesses the skills and gung-ho attitude to take up any physical challenges. In his leading roles as Dr Jekyll and Hyde in ITV's Jekyll and Hyde, he did most of his stunts as he felt it was necessary to be part of the action in order to fully become the character. Other sports he can check off on his list include horseback riding, skydiving, scubadiving, squash and skiing.
5. Good things come in pairs Raised in a family of 14 children, growing up was not a lonely journey for Bateman, especially since he has a twin brother. That's right, there is not one, but two Tom Batemans walking on this planet. #ManCrushMonday? More like #MenCrushMonday.