These limited edition makeup bad boys are the ones to make doe eyes at
Christmas is a special time. Not only is there abundant good cheer in the air and eggnog to go around, some of the prettiest makeup kits and value sets are up for grabs during the yuletide season. Oh yes, you know you've waited all year for this. Among the most coveted are the eyeshadow palettes; who could resist all those gorgeous colours and that limited edition packaging? We shortlist five must-haves to pencil on your shopping list — so don't blink or you'll miss 'em:
1. Bobbi Brown Caviar & Rubies Eye Shadow Palette, $110 Got a friend with decadent taste? This one's made for them (or yourself). Inspired by rich jewel tones and burnished metallics, the 9-shade palette is pure shimmering, sultry goodness.
2. Too Faced Boss Lady Agenda Makeup Collection, $89 Not strictly limited to lady bosses, this adorable Christmas edit from Too Faced is great for those young at heart and the makeup junkies who love their colour. The planner sleeve is even stamped with the slogan 'Don't Let Today Be a Waste of Makeup'. Wise words.
3. Make Up For Ever Fascinating Eyes, $74 Don't quote us on this, but this just might make it into your top five eyeshadow palettes for 2017. With the perfect balance between warm and cool tones, and finishes in matte and metallic, it's an all-rounder to create just about any look. Also, that deep sienna red in the corner is amaze.
4. Marc Jacobs Beauty The Wild One Eye-Conic Eyeshadow Palette, $150 For the ultimate wow factor, you've got MJB. With a funky zebra pattern on the outside and 20 hues inside — of which 18 are brand new — you won't be short on the glitz and glam. Split into five collections down the columns, every shade is updated with a new formulation for the ultimate pay-off so you can work that statement eye look.
5. Becca Apres Ski Eye Lights Palette, $68 Holler if you're psyched Becca is finally dropping a legit eyeshadow palette. Not only are the colours translated from the brand's cult Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed highlighters (there's Moonstone, Opal, and Rose Quartz), the luxe textures also include two satin-matte shades. Yaasss.
Available at Sephora, with the Caviar & Rubies Eye Shadow palette exclusively at Bobbi Brown stores and counters