We fell in love with the tousled and romantic updo at Alberta Feretti's SS16 show. And other than being a perfect bridal look — future brides take note — it's also a great evening style. Says Guido Palau, "It's a little late-70's or early-80's feeling with the soft hairlines and a little bit of height at the top, but overall it's very simple. Fashion Waves 07 was the main product I used, because it gives you some friction and texture when creating these sorts of updos — it makes the hair very manageable to work with."
Want to create this look at home? You'll need just two Redken styling products, a round brush and a gold accessory. Here's Guido's step-by-step guide for creating the look:
1. Spray Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Primer all over damp hair and comb through.
2. Blow dry hair using a round brush to create volume at the roots.
3. Thoroughly spray Fashion Waves 07 all over hair for added texture.
4. Use your fingers to create a deep side part.
5. Take the back section of hair and twist up into a ponytail and secure with a gold elastic.
6. Twist the length of the ponytail around the head and secure with hair pins.
7. Wrap the gold elastic multiple times around each of the two front sections of hair, and then twist each section around the head, securing in the back with hair pins.
8. Pull out baby hairs and random strands to soften the hairline before finishing with another mist of Fashion Waves 07.