6 massaging techniques for gravity-defying skin
An all-night face mask is great. Adding a soothing massage into the regime is even better. Famed for its instant skin-lift, the cult Rénergie Multi-Lift range sees the new addition of a Night Massaging Cream. Structured by a special shea butter, the elastic, enveloping texture of the cream delicately transforms into oil upon application, perfect for pre-beauty sleep facial rub-downs. Its Up-Cohésion tech blends active ingredients to combat premature aging caused by microgravity. Absorbed in the pores, the substance restores firmness, radiance and hydration into the face, neck and décolleté.
Gravity’s toll on our skin does damage, but scientifically proven, the right techniques of massaging has a decisive impact to reverse it. Facial muscles are repositioned, skin microcirculation is stimulated, and tissues are re-energised — thus sculpting and firming the outline of the face. Don’t have the faintest clue on massaging techniques? Before splurging on deluxe facial sessions, try out this simple lifting massage choreography. Armed with Lancôme’s Multi-Lift Night Massaging Cream and an optional yet nifty Contouring Massage Tool, you’re good to go for relaxing kneads for a taut, dewy complexion.
1. Apply and blend across the face and down the neck.
2. Perform alternate effleurages movements across the décolleté.
3. Use circular movements to massage from the décolleté, across and around the shoulder continuing on the upper back to the neck.
4. Use soft pressure and alternating hands to stroke under the jawline from the chin to the ear. Repeat 3 times.
5. Repeat the same alternating stroking movements:
b. on the jawline,
c. from the corner of the mouth,
d. on the cheekbone.
Repeat each 3 times.
6. Begin at the outer corner of the brow; use deep strong strokes with alternating hands from:
a. the brow to the hairline,
b. the middle of the brow to the hairline,
c. the beginning og the brow to the hairline.
Repeat each 3 times
Lancôme Rénergie Multi-Lift Night Massaging cream and the Contouring Massage Tool are available at all Lancôme counters for $185 and $115 respectively.
Buro 24/7 Selection
Why you should visit Latvia in 2018
Singaporean illustrator Teresa Lim (aka Teeteeheehee) on art, meditation and her collab with Sunglass Hut
Where locals eat in Los Angeles
Theatre review: W!ld Rice's Mama White Snake
Watch: What went down at our Christmas party
Buro 24/7 Selection